Monday, January 3, 2011

Do White Americans, White America & The West (Really) Believe We Ain't Suppose To & Have No Reason To Hate Them? Do They Really Believe Those They Oppressed & Oppress Should Be Over Their Current Global Racial Terror & Historic Unrestituted For Atrocities?

While wondering whether I should be typing "why I hate America," I typed "I hate America" into Google after finishing the headline for this post, to discover what type of query results a closed quote statement of such would return. One of the first results returned linked through to a discourse that struck me as though, perhaps - for demonstrable purposes only (of course), I had written myself.
Among many reasons, I hate America for the near-extermination and subsequent oppression of its indigenous population. I hate it for its role in the African slave trade and for dropping atomic bombs of civilians. I hate its control of institutions like the United Nations, World Bank, International Monetary Fund, and World Trade Organization. I hate it for propping up brutal dictators like Suharto, Pinochet, Duvalier, Hussein, Marcos, and the Shah of Iran. I hate America for its unconditional support for Israel. I hate its bogus two-party system, its one-size-fits-all culture, and its income gap. I could go on for pages but I'll sum up with this: I hate America for being a hypocritical white supremacist capitalist patriarchy.
"Damn, that wasn't even written by a nigga," I thought after learning the author is Michael Zezima, (known as Mickey Z), a New York City writer, editor, blogger and novelist who has appeared on the C-SPAN network's Book TV program, is also a regular contributor to ZNet, CounterPunch and (most noteably) the celebrated author of "The Seven Deadly Spins: Exposing the Lies Behind War Propaganda" and "50 American Revolutions You're Not Supposed to Know: Reclaiming American Patriotism."

"Despite what you've heard, shouldn't that restore your faith that conscientious white Americans really do exist?" My invisible co-writer asked (One of them... my invisible co-writers asked - rather...).

No comments:

Post a Comment